Thursday 22 November 2012

Christmas party

I was so intent on remembering my contribution to the tasting buffet, my buttons, show and tell, blocks for Liz etc. that I completely forgot my camera.  So sorry, no photos this time.  The party was lovely.  We started with 'Quilt Bingo', where everyone got a 25-patch of different fabrics, and used their buttons as markers.  I called out fabric types ('cream on cream', pink solid', brown geometric') and the first person to a row or a diagonal won a lovely prize of fabric! 
Then came the food and drink.  A super array of lovely food was provided.  And there was plenty of time for chat and mingling, which was a nice change.
Show and tell was good - as usual - and then most people went home.
I was in charge of locking up and had the opportunity to do something I haven't done in a long time!  Poor Ginny had parked on the grass at the side of the car park and was stuck in the mud.  Di and Gill got a cardboard box to put under the wheels to help with purchase, and they, Paula and I got behand the car and pushed!  I had really thought my days of pushing cars was over, but obviously not!  The good news is that we still had the knack, and Ginny edged steadily onto the tarmac and away! 
It just remains for the committee to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy and Quilty New Year.  See you in January!

No comments: