Wednesday 31 July 2024

Robot fun!

 Once a year, Piecemakers ask me to run a Project Linus evening.  I provide the fabric and instructions, and they sew.  I’m strict that we sew for exactly one hour, so it doesn’t become tiring.  In July, we made robots from a pattern by Don’t Look Now, which we bought ages ago.  I brought fabrics in orange, blue and green, and let them loose!  


This is my Blue Peter, to give them an idea of what kind of result I was hoping for.  There were several different robots to make, and everyone had great fun.  It took a bit longer than I had expected, so only one robot was completed in the hour.  Most people took theirs home to finish.  I’ll look forward to seeing them at the next meeting. Thank you to all.


We also had a members’ sales table, which was very successful.  Everyone likes a bargain! On the right of the photo is our new Quilters Guild representative.  It was lovely to meet her. 


This Linus quilt was made from a book kit.  It’s much better than a book, in my opinion. 




Ruth Wallet hasn’t been attending meetings recently, as her husband isn’t well, but she sent these three tops to be finished for Project Linus.  So thoughtful. 


The quilting on this piece is amazing. 


This picture was made at Roxanna’s Quilters Guild workshop.  Stunning. 


A quilt for someone who loves blues. 



These two quilts are jelly roll quilts made by the members of Vicki and Ann’s class. They wanted to donate them to Linus, but Vicki was worried that they were too big.  I was able to reassure her that as far as Linus quilts are concerned, big was better than small, and happily accepted them.  Coincidentally, a couple of weeks later I was contacted by Rosie from the Diana Service for Children with Life-limiting Conditions, and asked specifically for larger quilts!  I was happy to oblige, and if you pop over to www.linusleics.blogspot.com you can see Rosie with one of them.  Thank you very much, sewers. 

Finally, an apology.  I informed members of a forthcoming display of sewing machines (including a 1937 knee control Singer) at Lutterworth Museum.  Unfortunately this has been postponed until the middle of September, so check with me before you go. It will be worth the wait! 




No comments: