Tuesday 22 February 2011

Techniques workshop

The techniques workshop evening had the hall buzzing! There were lots of people there, and everyone enjoyed having a 'hand-on' experience. Unfortunately, I was so concerned to make sure I had everything I needed for my workshop, I completely forgot my camera! S o no photos of the workshops, and none of the gorgeous show and tell either! Suffice it to say that everyone I spoke to felt they had learned something that evening (I learned that I need to have my camera tied to my person permanently!) and all the workshops were much appreciated. We will repeat this format in May, so look out for a whole new set of opportunities!
The sales table was even better than ever! There were bargains galore, and few were able to completely resist going home with an extra goodie or two.

The March meeting will be a Half Square Triangle Competition.

For this, you need to pair up with a friend. Between you, you will need a sewing machine, neutral thread, small cutting board, rotary cutter, ruler (square if you have one) and soft pencil. The fabric will be supplied, in the form of 5" squares, and the aim will be to produce as many 4.5" half square triangles as possible in 60 minutes! There will be a prize for the winner, so don't miss this meeting!

1 comment:

Liz said...

It was a lovely evening as always well done to all the demonstrators. Linda I almost always keep my camera in my handbag so if you forget again I would be glad to lend you mine. Liz